Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Men With Cramps Redux

In a previous post, I mentioned that I thought this site might be a joke, but that it fairly perfectly illustrates the absence of all signs of being reputable you would expect when looking for clinical trials. That original site has not changed, but given this companion site, it is definitely a joke. What I can't figure out, given the silliness (and not really superior humor), is why the creators would pay to take out ads for the "Institute" in alt-weeklies all over the country. At least LonelyGirl was mildly intriguing, with a hint of a plot.

Technorati Tags: ;
MeSH Tags: Clinical Trials; Dysmenorrhea; Ethics, Research; Pelvic Pain

5 Comments:

Blogger tadpole66 said...

I think this site is the smartest funnies thing I have seen in a long time. They nailed the PBS doc thing, and its hysterical. I don't know who is doing it, but I find it very smart. Is there supposed to be more later? Anyone know?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I don't know - I'm very interested in where they plan on going with it.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I do think the beakers of colored liquid are funny. Like, "Oh, medical research, that's science, so that must mean beakers, right?" Not so much.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

Whoa, this is pretty funny. I didn't realize they updated the site, but I did find all the videos on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MaleMenstrualCramps

I like the trailer where the wrestler collects porcelin dolls and yells at a coworker for opening an e-mail attachment from a stranger, LOL.

8:49 AM  
Blogger tadpole66 said...

but does anyone know what it is? How is the PBS doc stuff related to that doctor character Rachel mentioned, and how is that connected to the fake medical study. Is it a movie? Anyone know? Very Curious. I usually can catch what they are up to, but this one has me baffled.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home